Simulating okBTPipeOut and issues with negative clock edge

I’m using the Verilog simulation models with FrontPanel-FC17-64-4.2.5 (the Windows version seemed to have 4.2.6 based on the installation filename). I’m trying to simulate the okBTPipeOut module. My issue is that the “ep_read” signal from this module is triggered on the negative edge of ti_clk. The FrontPanel manual seemed to show that it’s triggered on the positive edge.

I tried simulating the DES sample for the Windows installation (4.2.6). I had to make the following changes to make it run:
des.do: edit “PATH” so that it points to the actual simulation directory
destop.v: remove a “;” after “end”
des_tf: `include the correct path to “okHostCalls.v”
I got “Missing connection for port ‘hi_aa’.” warnings since it’s not in the design.

When I ran the simulation, I also saw that the “ep_read” signal is triggered on negative edge of ti_clk. Is this correct? The DES top module samples the “ep_read” signal on the positive edge of ti_clk even though it’s generated from the negative edge. Also, the pipe in modules seem to transfer signals onto the postive edge while the pipe out modules don’t.

So should I code my design expecting that the “ep_read” signal is generated on the negative edge and the “ep_datain” should be on the negative edge also?

The simulations are behavioral only. The ep_read signal is generated on a negative edge in the simulation only as an artifact of the way the host is simulated. It’s done this way to guarantee that the signal is available on the correct rising edge.