This fails already in import:

C:\DevelopmentSW\Python34\python.exe C:/Projekti/pyOKfirst/pyOKfirst.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File “C:/Projekti/pyOKfirst/pyOKfirst.py”, line 4, in
    import ok
  File “C:\Projekti\pyOKfirst\ok.py”, line 26, in
    _ok = swig_import_helper()
  File “C:\Projekti\pyOKfirst\ok.py”, line 22, in swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module(‘_ok’, fp, pathname, description)
  File “C:\DevelopmentSW\Python34\lib\imp.py”, line 243, in load_module
    return load_dynamic(name, filename, file)
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

Process finished with exit code 1

I already tried installing both 32-bit and 64-bit “Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013” libraries, as instructed in Python 3.3 ImportError: DLL load Failed: The specifiied module could not be found, but that didn’t change anything.

I would say this is pretty basics of python use case so what am I still missing? Is there any list of dependencies on any Opal Kelly documents?

Please see the ReleaseNotes installed with FrontPanel for a list of Python versions supported.

Do you imply that “Do not try any newer than Python 3.2.3”, which is 3 years old in 2 weeks?

Swig is has been updated during last 2 years so you might want to consider that for next API release.

After downgrading to Python 3.2.5, import seems to work and it doesn’t nag about anything. So now I just need to do Python 3.4 wrapper for Python 3.2 wrapper to use API in Python 3.4 project. Or reconsider FOSS alternatives.

Or, just submit a polite request to [email protected] and ask for an updated build. :smile:

There is now a supplemental download available with Python 3.4 support for x86 and amd64.