Does the XEM6010-LX150 support the Xilinx eFUSE feature?

Does the XEM6010-LX150 support the Xilinx eFUSE feature?

If it does, how is the VFS supply handled on the board?

Thanks,

John Pavan

John- Please see the XEM6310 User’s Manual regarding eFUSE capability. This is available in our current version of the XEM6310 (USB 3.0) and will arrive in our next version of the XEM6010 (USB 2.0) refresh. Unfortunately, we cannot provide an ETA for the XEM6010 update.

John-- Actually, it looks like our most recent lot of XEM6010-LX150 includes support for this. We have not yet pushed the documentation updates, but the support is the same as it is for the XEM6310-LX150.

Great news…I have 3 of the XEM6010-LX150 boards that I have purchased between June and September of this year. But I am not sure if they have the eFUSE capability or not. Is there an easy way to tell?

I can also probably switch to the XEM6310…but I’d have to mess with the current design a bit. I currently use the Cypress generated clocks.

John-- PCB version 20120510 (printed on the PCB) is the first to add the support.

Our first manufacture of these boards was in August with another on October.

You’ll see a small battery footprint on the top-side of the PCB. This isn’t required for the eFUSE capability, but rather the battery storage of the key. Please send an email to [email protected] for details on the XEM6010 changes since these haven’t been put in the XEM6010 User’s Manual yet. They’ll guide you through it.

The XEM6010 User’s Manual available through our website has now been updated with the information necessary to apply the eFUSE capability. If you have any questions, please submit your request to our support email.