Are EEPROM bits accessable from the FPGA?

Ok. I see from the manual EEPROM usage it is not possible from the FPGA.

So, how can I locate an unused sector of the Flash to store persistent data?

Also, where do I get the data format to use in the file for my additional persistent data?

My reason for doing this, is to have some persistent configuration bits for my on FPGA processor, that can be modified from the user host program.

Just a few bits.

The SPI flash on the XEM6010 is attached directly to the FPGA. You can store whatever you like in this memory.

— Begin quote from Opal Kelly Support;4170

The SPI flash on the XEM6010 is attached directly to the FPGA. You can store whatever you like in this memory.

— End quote

Thanks.

I assume this applies to the 6001 also.

My question is really how is this mapped? I do not want to step on the FPGA config when I write to this.

The configuration bits are loaded at the lowest address of the device. Therefore, you should be comfortable using the area above the configuration bits for whatever purpose.

I have an old protoype using an XEM6001 board and I want to recover the bit file from it so I can use it on another device. Is there a way to read back the bit file from the Flash?

Yes, you’ll just need to write the HDL to read out the contents of the Flash and send it over a Pipe to the PC.