Xilinx ISE 7.1i and XEM3001.v2

Im trying to modify and regenerate .bit files for original OK examples and I am getting error in “Translate” module – any one able to use okLibrary.v ?

Angilberto.

I’m currently working on the examples and I’m modifying them… it seems to work with me. What’s your error message?

angilberto-

There are two potential problems I see. First, the samples will -not- build from their original installation directory. This is due to a bug (yeah, I call it a bug) in all the ISE versions that does not allow spaces in path names. Since Windows standard puts installation files in the “Program Files” directory, this causes a problem.

So, to solve this, we suggest moving all of the samples to another safe place on your system where there aren’t any spaces in the path.

The translate step is also looking for the NGC files. You can safely place all these NGC files (the pre-built HDL modules) in your project directory or you can tell the Xilinx tools where to find them.

[QUOTE=Opal Kelly Support]angilberto-

There are two potential problems I see. First, the samples will -not- build from their original installation directory. This is due to a bug (yeah, I call it a bug) in all the ISE versions that does not allow spaces in path names. Since Windows standard puts installation files in the “Program Files” directory, this causes a problem.

So, to solve this, we suggest moving all of the samples to another safe place on your system where there aren’t any spaces in the path.

The translate step is also looking for the NGC files. You can safely place all these NGC files (the pre-built HDL modules) in your project directory or you can tell the Xilinx tools where to find them.[/QUOTE]

Super! It worked – I’ve moved the samples to c:\ok\xxx and copied okLibrary.v and *.ngc files to the same directory and now everything is ok!

I probably had it before – guess I forgot about it – had to reinstall due to a crash in XP…

Thankx for you all,

Angilberto.

Excellent.

I also had the issue that the NGC files were not in the directory.

Hopefully I will be using this stuff enough from now on that I can remember to do all these things! :slight_smile:

Cheers!