Xem7310 Damage problem

Hello,
As I was connecting and disconnecting the USB plug several times into different USB slots as usual to try and have the board recognized, something new came up. Suddenly the LED that indicates the board is ON wasn’t on anymore, and it seems like some parts of the board are heating more than they should. After disconnecting and reconnecting the power supply, the LED is still not working, and windows won’t recognize the board at all when I plug the USB in. I suspect something very bad might have happened to my board, and I have no idea why! Has this ever happened before? Is there anything I can do to identify the problem, i.e. something I can measure on the board, etc?I try to find the problem,but the measurements tell me that my xem7310 is broken.So can I repair it?

The most common causes of issues with our FPGA modules are:

• ESD exposure
  • Incorrect / out-of-spec voltage applied to either a supply input or signal
  • Physical contact made to a sensitive power supply circuit / feedback control loop which can cause these devices to essentially “self destruct”

It’s not clear why you had to connect / disconnect USB several times, but this is not a normal situation. It’s possible that this could have exposed the board to an ESD event, but it’s not something we have seen regularly.

Please contact our support team to provide more detail.

Thanks for your reply! I try to measure whether each capacitor is short-circuited, I infer from the measurements that something may be wrong with one of the lines.My question is whether there is a way to fix the problem caused by excessive voltage.And,how can I contact with your support team.Thank you again.

Excessive voltage typically destroys the components it is applied to and can, in some cases, destroy downstream components as well. The XEM7310 has over-voltage protection on the power input, but there are limits to this as well.

We’ve also had a number of XEM7310 failures when people put their fingers / thumbs in areas where sensitive power supply feedback circuits are.

Pro Tip: Don’t ever touch a powered circuit unless you know exactly what’s there and have a very good reason for doing so.

So is there any way I can repair it?Can I contact the regional agent to repair it?