Windows Vista Drivers

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any Windows Vista Drivers for the XEM3001v2? I understand the provided (in CD) XP drivers work with Windows Vista, but I would just like to know. And if they exist, are they digitally signed?

Thanks,
Larry Chen

Larry–

The included drivers work just fine with Vista, but are not digitally signed.

I’m not sure what you mean by Vista Drivers if you know that they work with Vista.

Hi,

I mentioned that it’s XP drivers because in the inf file it only mentioned XP/2000, so I thought there is an Vista version that provides better compatibility. And I suppose there is no plan to get the driver digitally signed in the future too?

Thanks,
Larry Chen

Larry–

If you’re referring to the comment in the INF file that says “2000/XP”, then that’s just a comment we did not update. It doesn’t have any bearing on the Vista compatibility of the driver at all. As far as we’re aware (we use Vista here on a few machines), the driver works perfectly with Vista. Are you experiencing some problems?

Regarding the digital signature, you’re the first (as far as I know) to mention it, so there hasn’t been much demand to do so. I’ll mention this as a feature request. Is this something you or your customers require?

If there are no compatibility issues with Vista machine, then it should be fine. For myself I have really only tested it on one machine so I was thinking if there is a Vista version then all the better.

As for the digitally signed issue, the reason I am asking is because I would like to use the FPGA in some sort of automation setup where the driver can be installed automatically. But since the driver is not digitally signed it would prompt a warning asking for confirmation of installation of unsigned drivers and that would make it harder to run automation.

Thanks,
Larry Chen