Using Visual Studio 6 - Linking Woes

Hello, I’m using Visual C++ 6 with your okxem.lib. I originally was programming with much success using the .NET environment, but now need to move to studio. I downloaded the alternative library, but I’m finding linking the library very difficult, with all of the calls becoming unresolved.

This may be a stupid question, but does this version of the library require different header files to the other version? If so, where can I get hold of them?

Thanks
David

David-

You do not need any alternative headers. However, I’d suggest downloading the latest version of FrontPanel. In the API directory, you’ll find the latest VC6 build of the library. (it’s called okFrontPanel-vc6.lib)

Also, you may want to consider using the DLL if you are using a legacy version of Studio. Instead of maintaining old versions of the library, we’ll probably build for the latest Studio release (MS is on VS 2005 now) keep the DLL up-to-date for older versions.

We may eventually eliminate the static library altogether and stick with the DLL. It’s the easiest to maintain and provides the greatest level of compatibility.

Hi David!

I also have problems of using visual studio 6.0 with xem. Have you found a solution?

My errormessages are:
DatakortConsole.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: __thiscall okCUsbXEM3001v2::okCUsbXEM3001v2(void)” (??0okCUsbXEM3001v2@@QAE@XZ)
DatakortConsole.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: __thiscall okCUsbFrontPanel::~okCUsbFrontPanel(void)” (??1okCUsbFrontPanel@@QAE@XZ)

And my program looks like:
#include “stdafx.h”
#include “okCUsbFrontPanel.h”

int main(int argc, char* argv])
{
// Declarations:
okCUsbXEM3001v2 comUSBDriver;

return 0;

}