[Simulation in ISE SIMULATOR 7.1]

Hi.

How can I simulate “First project” using ISE Simulator 7.1.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, Opal Kelly does not currently have a simulation library for the ISE simulator, only ModelSim SE/PE/XE (ModelSim XE can be downloaded from Xilinx for free). We should also be releasing an Aldec ActiveHDL simulation library in the near future.

As the ISE simulator matures, becomes more popular, and we have more requests, we’ll take a close look at supporting it.

We have an online tutorial for simulating the Verilog DES Tester example in ModelSim XE III here: [URL=“http://www.opalkelly.com/products/tutorial/part4/”]http://www.opalkelly.com/products/tutorial/part4/[/URL]

We also have several other examples provided with the FrontPanel installation with simulation directories - but again, they all require ModelSim.

Garrick

We have an online tutorial for simulating the Verilog DES Tester example in
ModelSim XE III here:
http://www.opalkelly.com/products/tutorial/part4/

This tutorial mentions DEStutorial.zip – where is that? It shows a “simulation” directory that is absent in my distribution.

We also have several other examples provided with the FrontPanel
installation with simulation directories - but again, they all require ModelSim.

Maybe I’m missing something – I can’t seem to find simulation examples anywhere in the distribution, other than the okFPSim_v2 etc. model files.

I’m having trouble getting VHDL simulations going. I’ve backed off to the 6.0a version of the XE III simulator (because refreshing the OK libraries fails in 6.0d), and am still getting these errors:

** Error: (vsim-3173) Entity ‘work.okwirein’ has no architecture.

The okFPSim_v2 libraries appear to be in place – Modelsim loads the architecture for okHostInterface, but not the other components.

A really simple VHDL simulation example would be really useful.

This tutorial mentions DEStutorial.zip – where is that? It shows a
“simulation” directory that is absent in my distribution.

I’ll look into this. I forget what I did with the online Tutorial. Sorry.

Maybe I’m missing something – I can’t seem to find simulation examples
anywhere in the distribution, other than the okFPSim_v2 etc. model files.

There is a VHDL sample right now is in the First\XEM3001v2-VHDL\Simulation directory.

I’m having trouble getting VHDL simulations going. I’ve backed off to the
6.0a version of the XE III simulator (because refreshing the OK libraries
fails in 6.0d), and am still getting these errors:

** Error: (vsim-3173) Entity ‘work.okwirein’ has no architecture.

The okFPSim_v2 libraries appear to be in place – Modelsim loads the
architecture for okHostInterface, but not the other components.

A really simple VHDL simulation example would be really useful.

Do you have the okFPsim_v2 library linked it at the vsim command? The vsim command in the First sample is:
vsim -L okFPsim_v2 -t ps FIRST_TEST

Garrick

There is a VHDL sample right now is in the First\XEM3001v2-VHDL\Simulation directory.

Thanks – I have a 3010 board, so I didn’t look here. My bad! I got this sample to run.