Questions about okCombobox and okDigitEntry

hi there,

I am a newbie in Frontpanel and recently I am working on XEM3010 to make Frontpanel working.

From your Frontpanel datasheet, it mentioned that the element “bit” of okCombobox is the bit number to which this component addresses. I don’t understand how it works, as one bit only can represent 0 or 1. If the item value is 2, how can one bit represent?

Also, in okdigitEntry, it said the element “endpoint” is the endpoint address for the corresponding wire in, and the entry can span multiple consecutive endpoints as necessary. How to understand this span? it’s from lower address such 0x00 to higher address such as 0x01 or vice versa?

Now I have more than 32 data words with width 10 bits to transfer through Frontpanel. However, Frontpanel only has 32 addresses with 16 bits for each wire for wire in. How can send these datas?

Thanks,

James

James–

The okCombobox does support multiple bits. The ‘bit’ element is used to specify the least significant bit.

okDigitEntry will span multiple addresses as required. So if you start at bit 7 of endpoint N and the width is 16 bits, it will go 15:7 of N and 6:0 of N+1.

If you have more wires than can fit in the address space, you’ll need to use another mechanism to communicate that data. For example, you could use additional wires or triggers to latch wires into a secondary set of registers. Or, you could use Pipes to transfer data to your own registers.

Thanks a lot for your response.

about okCombobox, I would like to confirm one thing. If the value is 15, and if the bit is assigned to be 5, does it mean that it will occupy from bit 5 to bit 8?

also, I have another questions,

I noticed that ok1 is for interface from host to target and ok2 is for interface from target to host. And instantiation okWireIn has port map ok1, but okWireOut has port map ok1 and ok2, why?

for ok2, there is okWireOR, but for ok1, there is no such function, why?

In the example “first”, there is wire called ok2x. It is used in okWireOR and okWireOut as inputs, but where its signals come from?

Thanks…

— Begin quote from jamesjisun;2767

about okCombobox, I would like to confirm one thing. If the value is 15, and if the bit is assigned to be 5, does it mean that it will occupy from bit 5 to bit 8?

— End quote

Yes, this is correct.

[QUOTE=jamesjisun;2767]I noticed that ok1 is for interface from host to target and ok2 is for interface from target to host. And instantiation okWireIn has port map ok1, but okWireOut has port map ok1 and ok2, why?

for ok2, there is okWireOR, but for ok1, there is no such function, why?[/QUOTE]

In short, it is simply because they aren’t needed. There is no required wire OR on the ok1 lines, by design.

— Begin quote from jamesjisun;2767

In the example “first”, there is wire called ok2x. It is used in okWireOR and okWireOut as inputs, but where its signals come from?

— End quote

okWireOut outputs to ok2x which is input to okWireOR. okWireOR outputs to okHost.