Problems compiling FP 3.0 API

I’m trying to upgrade to the new FrontPanel 3.0 API. Here are the errors I am getting while trying to compile the examples (Counters, Pipetest) using the new API files (okFrontPanelDLL.cpp)

D:\acassidy\opal_kelly\reg_app\wxWidgets\okFrontPanelDLL.cpp(72) : error C2562: ‘SetReference’ : ‘void’ function returning a value
D:\acassidy\opal_kelly\reg_app\wxWidgets\okFrontPanelDLL.h(252) : see declaration of ‘SetReference’
D:\acassidy\opal_kelly\reg_app\wxWidgets\okFrontPanelDLL.cpp(122) : error C2562: ‘SetReference’ : ‘void’ function returning a value
D:\acassidy\opal_kelly\reg_app\wxWidgets\okFrontPanelDLL.h(294) : see declaration of ‘SetReference’
D:\acassidy\opal_kelly\reg_app\wxWidgets\okFrontPanelDLL.cpp(737) : error C2562: ‘okFrontPanelDLL_GetVersion’ : ‘void’ function returning a value
D:\acassidy\opal_kelly\reg_app\wxWidgets\okFrontPanelDLL.h(122) : see declaration of ‘okFrontPanelDLL_GetVersion’

I am using Visual Studio C++ 6.0.

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi,

I encountered the same problems also.

I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 6. Under project settings, I have selected Multithread DLL.

Initially I only included the OKFrontPanelDLL.h file and I get the following error:
Linking…
testOKFrontPanelDLL.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _okFrontPanelDLL_LoadLib
Debug/testOKFrontPanelDLL.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

testOKFrontPanelDLL.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

After I included the OKFrontPanelDLL.cpp file in the project, I get the following error message:
Compiling…
okFrontPanelDLL.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\testOKFrontPanelDLL\okFrontPanelDLL.cpp(72) : error C2562: ‘SetReference’ : ‘void’ function returning a value
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\myprojects\testokfrontpaneldll\okfrontpaneldll.h(256) : see declaration of ‘SetReference’
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\testOKFrontPanelDLL\okFrontPanelDLL.cpp(122) : error C2562: ‘SetReference’ : ‘void’ function returning a value
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\myprojects\testokfrontpaneldll\okfrontpaneldll.h(298) : see declaration of ‘SetReference’
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\testOKFrontPanelDLL\okFrontPanelDLL.cpp(749) : error C2562: ‘okFrontPanelDLL_GetVersion’ : ‘void’ function returning a value
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\myprojects\testokfrontpaneldll\okfrontpaneldll.h(124) : see declaration of ‘okFrontPanelDLL_GetVersion’
Error executing cl.exe.

I am new to programming so any help would be greatly appreciated. I am unable to get started on the work because of this so if anyone of you has seen this error and know how to work around it, please help me. I think it is some settings with Microsoft Visual IDE. I tried reading the front panel pdf document but there isn’t any guide to resolve this.

Thanks for your time and help!

Which version of FrontPanel do you have installed?

Front Panel 3.0.9

Can you advise me how can I get the newer version of the front panel dll? I tried going to the front panel page but there is no reference to how to download it.

Thanks for your help!

@tlow: This was fixed in version FrontPanel 3.0.11. Please see this page for downloads information:
http://forums.opalkelly.com/showthread.php?t=649

Refer to this page if you are not setup as a registered customer on the forums:
http://forums.opalkelly.com/announcement.php?f=24