Pinouts

I’m trying to obtain the raw pinouts for the XEM3010 Spartan FPGA. I know that pins are specified in the XEM3010 User Manual, but I didn’t see the pinouts for the USB controller or the Cypress PLL chip, for example.

If you’re looking for raw pinouts to these devices, you can probably find them on the vendor websites in the associated datasheets.

If you’re looking for schematics to our devices, we do not release them.

[QUOTE=Opal Kelly Support;2706]If you’re looking for raw pinouts to these devices, you can probably find them on the vendor websites in the associated datasheets.

If you’re looking for schematics to our devices, we do not release them.[/QUOTE]

The pinouts for the devices I have…it’s the pins on the FPGA that are wired to these devices that I’d like to know. For example, what pin on the FPGA is connected to the USB chip Address bus line 7, or the data bus?

This is not necessary to use our devices. You simply instantiate the okHost in your HDL and use our sample UCF files for the connectivity. Our USB firmware knows how to talk to our HDL.

It is necessary to use the devices if I don’t want your “black box” net lists in my project…which I don’t. I understand you are trying to appeal to the software developers who don’t want to deal with the low level logic, but don’t forget that there are other customers out there as well. I’ve always been wary of “black boxes”…for example, why is it in your documentation you require the user to tie hi_muxsel to 0…why not put that in your netlists…or in the okLibrary.v/vhd? Why is it left up to the user to tri-state the i2c lines?

@plasmaphase- our modules are not sold as evaluation boards. They are sold as black boxes to appeal to that type of developer. For developers who wish to deal with the low level logic, we advise them to do so, just on their own hardware platform.