okUsbFrontPanel_WriteI2C() CommunicationError

Hi,

I have a problem with okUsbFrontPanel_WriteI2C(). This function returns me the error code -5 (CommunicationError.) I am sending a 40byte sequence to the peripheral chip using the following code:

========================================
ok_ErrorCode I2C_ReturnCode = ok_NoError;
I2C_ReturnCode = okUsbFrontPanel_WriteI2C (m_xem, RightGrabber_I2C, sizeof(CVBS_AIN6), CVBS_AIN6 );
switch(I2C_ReturnCode)
{
case(ok_NoError): m_txtStatus->AppendText(“Frame Grabbers ==> Initialized.\n”);
break;
case(ok_Failed): m_txtStatus->AppendText(“Frame Grabbers Init ==> Failed.\n”);
break;
case(ok_Timeout): m_txtStatus->AppendText(“Frame Grabbers Init ==> Timeout.\n”);
break;
case(ok_DoneNotHigh): m_txtStatus->AppendText(“Frame Grabbers Init ==> DoneNotHigh.\n”);
break;
case(ok_TransferError): m_txtStatus->AppendText(“Frame Grabbers Init ==> TransferError.\n”);
break;
case(ok_CommunicationError): m_txtStatus->AppendText(“Frame Grabbers Init ==> CommunicationError.\n”);
break;
case(ok_InvalidBitstream): m_txtStatus->AppendText(“Frame Grabbers Init ==> InvalidBitstream.\n”);
break;
case(ok_FileError): m_txtStatus->AppendText(“Frame Grabbers Init ==> FileError.\n”);
break;
case(ok_DeviceNotOpen): m_txtStatus->AppendText(“Frame Grabbers Init ==> DeviceNotOpen.\n”);
break;
case(ok_InvalidEndpoint): m_txtStatus->AppendText(“Frame Grabbers Init ==> InvalidEndpoint.\n”);
break;
case(ok_InvalidBlockSize): m_txtStatus->AppendText(“Frame Grabbers Init ==> InvalidBlockSize.\n”);
break;
case(ok_I2CRestrictedAddress): m_txtStatus->AppendText(“Frame Grabbers Init ==> I2CRestrictedAddress.\n”);
break;
case(ok_I2CBitError): m_txtStatus->AppendText(“Frame Grabbers Init ==> I2CBitError.\n”);
break;
case(ok_I2CNack): m_txtStatus->AppendText(“Frame Grabbers Init ==> I2C-Nack.\n”);
break;
case(ok_I2CUnknownStatus): m_txtStatus->AppendText(“Frame Grabbers Init ==> I2C_UnknownStatus.\n”);
break;
case(ok_UnsupportedFeature): m_txtStatus->AppendText(“Frame Grabbers Init ==> UnsupportedFeature.\n”);
break;
default: m_txtStatus->AppendText(“Frame Grabbers Failed to Initialized.\n”);
}

I am using Frtont Panel V.3.0.0 with V3.0.0 API, using DLL calls in Visual C++ 2005 express and wxWidgets 2.6.3.

It is still possible that something may be wrong with my HW, but I would like to know a little more about the condition in firmware that triggeres this error.

Thanks,

Vlad

Vlad-

CommunicationError means that there was some issue talking with the firmware. It actually has nothing to do with the I2C stuff in this case.

Just to be sure, you’re using the release FP-3 firmware, not a beta, right?

Basically, you shouldn’t see this error in practice.

Actually, it was a goofy mistake on my part – I fixed it.
Now I am getting an “ok_I2Cnack” error, which is probably my board-related issue, but thank you anyway.