New versions of XEM

I would like to know when we can expect new (or software update) to get 12MB PipeOut transmission. I am also interested in the one with RAM added.
For high speed transfer it would be better to use 16bit connection to Cypress FX2.

:slight_smile:

Guru

Hi Guru-

Several things are slated to be released in the coming weeks:

• Java and Python API versions with Pipe support under Windows and Linux.

• Windows DLL version of the API.

• Firmware for the XEM3001 with additional pipe functionality.

• The XEM3001v2 – once testing is complete – will have a 16-bit host interface effectively doubling all pipe transfer rates.

• An updated version of FrontPanel with additional components.

Jake

I am looking forward to get it.

Another question:

I am working with BufferedPipeOut and have encountered problems. What happens when you try to read pipe (C++ ReadFromPipeOut) and buffer underrun of overrun occurs?

Guru

The BufferedPipe is not negotiated (just like standard Pipes). Currently, you will need to implement this negotiation somehow using triggers or wires.

Reading from an underrun buffer will produce jibberish (actually, the last byte in the buffer will be continuously read).

This is one of the pipe enhancements I’d like to introduce.

Jake

37647.jpg (15.5 KB)

If I order now, can I get the new version?

Since XEM3001 is now out of stock, can I order it now?

Do I have to register in the on line store to make an order? I am not able to register in the on line store because there’s no Taiwan in the countries list.

[QUOTE=honda]If I order now, can I get the new version?

Since XEM3001 is now out of stock, can I order it now?

Do I have to register in the on line store to make an order? I am not able to register in the on line store because there’s no Taiwan in the countries list.[/QUOTE]

Taiwan has been added to thie list of countries. Also, the XEM3001v2 will available at the store within the next day.

Thanks for your patience.

Garrick

Thank you, I had ordered 2 pack.
I did not see XEM ‘v2’ in the product list, does it mean that the order of XEM is always 2 pack.

Can I check the status of the order?

Thank you.

The XEM3001v2 is the second version of the PCB for the XEM3001. The changes include a 16-bit host interface. (the previous revision had an 8-bit host interface)

All orders for the XEM3001 are now for this second revision.

The 2-pack refers to two XEM3001v2 devices together in one box and simply represents a discount for quantity.

Jake