Multiple pipeins or pipeouts?

Ok, so there’s no longer an ep_addr input to the PIPE modules for the XEM-6110. What happened? Are we no allowed only one of each? That will be a pretty radical mindset change for those of us that have been used to thinking about PIPEs as unique channels with their own FIFO, behavior, and logical address.

I scoured the documentation but I didn’t see any mention of this shift. What’s the technical reason behind it?

Keb’m

Kevin–

At the moment, the PCIe pipes only support a single source and single destination. Obviously, the addition of a mux and FIFO can easily extend this ad nauseum.

“Native” support for multiple pipe endpoints is planned for the next release of the PCIe stuff. We have a number of additional features that just didn’t make it into our initial release, unfortunately.

what is the point of putting out the 6110 module when it is not quite ready ?

mahengjie-- The XEM6110 is very much ready and operational. It works great and provides a fantastic performance boost to applications that require more throughput than the USB 2.0 connection allows.

I thought about the new 6110 module, and am still not convinced it is a logic upgrade path for the 3010 as described. The increased speed of PCIe of 6110 does not make up the loss of convenience of USB 3010. A update of 3010 should be a 3010 fitted with a Spartan 6 (with a 45T part), and still maintain the price at 3010 level.

— Begin quote from Opal Kelly Support;3043

mahengjie-- The XEM6110 is very much ready and operational. It works great and provides a fantastic performance boost to applications that require more throughput than the USB 2.0 connection allows.

— End quote

mahengjie-- If you aren’t already subscribed, please sign up for our newsletter through our home page.

okay, done.

— Begin quote from Opal Kelly Support;3045

mahengjie-- If you aren’t already subscribed, please sign up for our newsletter through our home page.

— End quote