Mechanical Drawing for the Module

I would like to create a basic, protective case for the experimental module. The case will be drawn up on a CAD tool so I prefer an electronic input file to begin. Is it possible to receive a mechanical drawing of the PCB using a format such as .DXF? This file should not only include X,Y data for the board and the components, but also Z data for the components placed on the PCB.

Are there mechanical differences between the 8-bit and 16-bit versions of the module?

We do not currently have accurate Z-data for the components on the PCB.

We can look into creating a DXF file from our CAD package for the PCB but I’m not sure what information it will include and how much setup would be involved for something like that.

In the short term, if you have any specifics, please let me know and I’ll get you whatever information you need.

We are working towards providing reasonably accurate 3D representations of the modules we create, but this will involve some work and won’t happen too soon, unfortunately.

To answer your other question, there are only minor physical differences between the 8-bit and 16-bit versions. Of note:

• The USB connector, mounting holes, and JP1, JP2, and JP3 have -NOT- moved.

• The LEDs have moved.

• JP4 (the JTAG header) has moved to the same 0.1" grid as JP1-JP3.