Help: Labview API for BT PipeOut

FYI: I have posted the same querry in product section but due to lack of response decided to try my luck here.

I suspect that there is a mismatch between pipe-related function prototypes and LabView library provided with software release since both ReadFromPipeOut and ReadFromBlockPipeOut prototypes seem to be missing
some of the parameters such as length and blocksize. My Opal Kelly XEM3005 package came with the ReadFromPipeOut API and I created my own ReadFromBlockPipeOut API from the prototype but neither VI shows terminals other than epAddr and return value.

If I try to execute them nonetheless, I get following error message before Labview crashes down:

"Error 1097 occurred at Call Library Function Node in
okUsbFrontPanel_ReadFromBlockPipeOut.vi->PipeTest.vi

Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW: An exception occurred within the external code called by a
Call Library Function Node. The exception may have corrupted LabVIEW’s
memory. Save any work to a new location and restart LabVIEW."

Has anyone successfully implemented this functionality? I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
Piyush

The LabView sample API comes with the following README in the directory:

[QUOTE]LabVIEW Sample API

This LabVIEW library was developed as a sample to interface to the Opal Kelly
FrontPanel API. It is not currently supported and requires some updates
to bring it to the level of FrontPanel-3.

We include it here as the basis for further development. It is a
relatively straightforward matter to add new API methods to these VI
wrappers; LabVIEW supports external DLL calling through its own
external interface.
[/QUOTE]

A search for “LabView” on the forums reveals several hits including the following:

http://forums.opalkelly.com/showthread.php?t=436&highlight=labview

You may want to visit these to see what you can do to get full support for the API.

I was able to figure out the solution. Essentially, there was a mismatch between function prototypes provided within the DLL and sample sub-VIs. Also, me being new to LV it took me sometime to figure out how to display missing connectors in some of the VIs. Since OK suport for LB and Matlab is still evolving, I would suggest some sort of version control to avoid unecessary confusion. Thanks.

OK support for LabVIEW and Matlab is not evolving. It simply doesn’t exist. We provide a couple samples that might get the ball rolling, but to be clear, Opal Kelly does not provide support for LabVIEW or Matlab.

I think the statement in the readme should make this clear: “It is not currently supported and requires some updates…”