FrontPanel for RaspBerry

I read in a previous thread that a beta version of FrontPanel does exist for Raspberry: I wrote to the support as instructed and none answered.
What is the procedure? Why can’t it be linked in the Dowloads?
Will the port include Ruby apis?

Thanks

What’s your support ticket ID?

Thanks

— Begin quote from Opal Kelly Support;4146

What’s your support ticket ID?

— End quote

We responded to this ticket with an attachment of the Raspberry Pi API. You might want to make sure it did not get hung up in a junk folder or tagged as SPAM.

Found
I see that the ruby library is not present: do you plan to add them?

Thanks

— Begin quote from Opal Kelly Support;4148

We responded to this ticket with an attachment of the Raspberry Pi API. You might want to make sure it did not get hung up in a junk folder or tagged as SPAM.

— End quote

At an official release, yes, we do plan on doing so. The current installment of Rpi is an interim / trial release. Nothing official on an actual release date but “soon”.

[QUOTE=razeto;4149]Found
I see that the ruby library is not present: do you plan to add them?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Compatible with Raspberry Pi:

[QUOTE=razeto;4145]I read in a previous thread that a beta version of FrontPanel does exist for Raspberry: I wrote to the support as instructed and none answered.
What is the procedure? Why can’t it be linked in the Dowloads?
Will the port include Ruby apis?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Compatible with Raspberry Pi:

API OpenOK 2 Updated

Has anyone succeeded in compiling one of the example Cxx programs, such as FlashLoader? Mine fails at the linking stage:

g++  -L../../lib/lnx -o flashloader flashloader.o -lokFrontPanel -ldl
../../lib/lnx/libokFrontPanel.so: undefined reference to `__cxa_throw_bad_array_new_length@CXXABI_1.3.8'
../../lib/lnx/libokFrontPanel.so: undefined reference to `std::__throw_out_of_range_fmt(char const*, ...)@GLIBCXX_3.4.20'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [flashloader] Error 1

This happens on both a “B” and “B+” Pi. Running Wheezy, 3.12.22+ #691 armv6l (on the “B+” right now). I didn’t do anything other than copying Makefile.lnx to Makefile and typing “make”. Thanks!

OK, the most recent distribution for Wheezy (uploaded by OK a few days ago) seems to work fine. I downloaded the latest Wheezy and then did an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade, so it works with the latest OS modifications. I did have to run PipeTest as root (sudo PipeTest …) to get it to talk to the hardware – I think that’s related to the USB library permissions. As usual you have to copy the shared object library (libokFrontPanel.so) to the appropriate system location or use one of the other methods of telling the system where to find it. I did the test on the B+ version of the Pi with an XEM7350.

API OpenOK 2 Updated!

OpenOK 2 Updated Today!

Hi,

Raspberian 9 (based on Debian stretch) has been out for almost a year now now. The pi version of FrontPanel is for Raspberian 8, built on the previous Debian version. Will there be a version of FrontPanel (or at least an updated libokFrontPanel.so) released for the latest version? I’d rather not roll back Raspberian if I can avoid it.

-Rich