FrontPanel and Wx compatibility on Linux

Hi: I am running a newer version of Linux (Ubuntu Hardy) and would like to figure out how to get FrontPanel working with this release. The error I am getting is as follows:

> /tools/OpalKelley/FrontPanel-FC7-3.0.11b/FrontPanel Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected. The library used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.6), and your program used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4,compatible with 2.6). Aborted >

Are there any release notes which detail which version of wx is required to enable FrontPanel?

Thanks!!

I got the same problem.
When I changed to try on Fedora, it could run normally

There are problems with Python wxLibs on Ubuntu.

Does anyone know if the Opal Kelly team has any plans to support Linux Ubuntu 8.04, the LTS version?

@pmeyeratdatest – please contact [email protected]. We can typically build a release for a particular Linux distribution for a nominal fee.

Fedora 7 is no longer maintained by the Fedora Project, and I’d really hate to roll back my installation for a single app. Are there any plans in the works to update the Linux support?

Yes, there are. We have a few changes coming and expected to roll them all into a single update.

Most of our customers on Mac or Linux are using the API which works just fine with later versions. However, it seems that there is an incompatibility with wx on later versions? Our FrontPanel application is supposed to be built with static wx libs, so I’ll need to look into this to see why it is causing a problem.