Examples for FrontPanel GUI in Visual Studio?

Hi - I am trying to figure out how to build a FrontPanel Opal Kelly application in Visual Studio that has a GUI. Are there any examples available? The provided examples appear to all be for command-line applications.

Thanks!

There are literally thousands of examples online for building GUI applications using Visual Studio – either the MFC (deprecated), wxWidgets (cross-platform), WPF, C#, etc.

Hi, thank you for the reply. I am specifically looking for an example that includes the FrontPanel API. For example, just a simple GUI that shows how to update a epWire on the FPGA. Can you point me to an example online with a Visual Studio GUI application that includes the FrontPanel API? All I need is one example to get me going.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, this can be in Visual Basic, C++, or C#. I just need an example to get me started and I’ll use that language.

Many (all?) of our samples update a WireIn in some way. It’s just a call to SetWireInValue() and UpdateWireIns().

As for a GUI sample, just refer to the thousands of GUI examples out there. Pick any one of them. Then add your “SetWireInvalue()” bit to the event handler for a button.

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding what you’re looking for, but our samples aren’t intended to be tutorials on GUI design or programming techniques in any way. They’re intended to provide working samples for integrating our API into your application. For programming tutorials of any sort, other sources would be much better suited.

I just began this process, and I started by interfacing the Counters example from the OpalKelly samples. I stopped after I felt like I understood how it works, but you can check out the form I made. I had to change the file extension to get the site to upload it…it should be a cs file. Best of luck,

Matt

[ATTACH]221[/ATTACH]

Form1.txt (5.0 KB)

[QUOTE=matta;3302]I just began this process, and I started by interfacing the Counters example from the OpalKelly samples. I stopped after I felt like I understood how it works, but you can check out the form I made. I had to change the file extension to get the site to upload it…it should be a cs file. Best of luck,

Matt

[ATTACH]221[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

hi,

i know this is a bit old thread. I want help in same thing. Could you please help me tell how to use this cs file. thanks