A/D + D/A add on board

I’d kind of like to see an add on board similar to your SDRAM & SRAM boards except with multiple channels of A/D & D/A converters on it. these parts are cheap and compact. I would think it would be easy to make a board w/ 8-10 A/D & D/A channels on it. Maybe even two boards, one with fewer but faster channels, another with more slower channels.

Just a thought…

[QUOTE=smcmaster]I’d kind of like to see an add on board similar to your SDRAM & SRAM boards except with multiple channels of A/D & D/A converters on it. these parts are cheap and compact. I would think it would be easy to make a board w/ 8-10 A/D & D/A channels on it. Maybe even two boards, one with fewer but faster channels, another with more slower channels.

Just a thought…[/QUOTE]

I Would vote for a dual channel 40-100MHz ADC and dual channel 40-100 MHz DAC interface.

I have built a “mother board” for my XEM3001v2 – actualy just a framework for Digital Radio prototyping.

I’ve put together a dual channel R2R DAC and a connector for a dual channel 100MHz ADC (FlashyD –
www.fpga4fun.com)

Its working, but it would be great to have it as you described.

Angilberto.

We have this design done as well as others… However, the OK Board USB Transmission can’t keep up with the A/D… So we use a decimation filter to do some front end processing before USB transmission… don’t want to waste the FPGA…

Bill