FP support for Xilinx Spartan-6 PCIe endpoint?

@ O-K
HI, does O-K’s FP talk to Xilinx’s PCIe endpoint (like those in S6, V5,6 and 7) ? Thanks

Not at this time.

@O-K
What is the status of Frontpanel support to this pcie module ? Have the API’s, especially MATLAB, support been tested ? Please give us an update. From your product description, it says “3010 compatible”. Does it mean mechanical (sockets) only, or API too ? Thanks.

H-M

while at it, another question:
Your description mentions no flash or PROM at all. So I am assuming there is no flash on board for the fpga to boot from, and downloading the bit file from the host is the only option. Right ? Thanks:confused:

Hello–

FrontPanel support for the XEM6110 has been available since its original release. It is well documented in the FrontPanel User’s Manual and our usual collection of samples are available for it. It is accessed through the same API as our USB products, so it works fine with Matlab, LabVIEW, etc.

It does not have boot capability. You may only configure the FPGA via PCI Express and FrontPanel.

so which means the pcie endpoint does not exist until the host pc downloads a bit file to the fpga. Without a re-boot of the pc, would the software application have to somehow make the pc to discovers the newly born pcie endpoint, and numerates it… :confused:

[QUOTE=Opal Kelly Support;3971]Hello–

[chop]

It does not have boot capability. You may only configure the FPGA via PCI Express and FrontPanel.[/QUOTE]

— Begin quote from mahengjie;3973

so which means the pcie endpoint does not exist until the host pc downloads a bit file to the fpga.

— End quote

That’s actually the beauty of our implementation. The device enumerates without the FPGA configured. In fact, you can reconfigure the device with the PC active without rebooting.

From the XEM6110 web page:

[QUOTE]Configuration without Reboot

The XEM6110 utilizes an independent PCI Express interface allowing the FPGA                      to be reconfigured without rebooting the host PC.  This dramatically                      accelerates development by reducing design cycle time.                 

[/QUOTE]

HI, I would like talk to you more about this offline. Is there a particular email, or phone # I can use to contact you ?
It looks like your pcie endpoint would be a quick solution for the pcie-based project I am planning. I need to know more to see how it would fit in the development roadmap. Thanks
hm

You can contact us directly at [email protected]